Online recertification is the most efficient method of recertifying with the NREMT.
* Excludes recertification by examination applications. Download a PDF of this policy.
After submission of application fees to the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT), refunds less an administrative fee are offered within 90 days of payment for the following situations:
- Completion of incorrect application;
- Candidate no longer wishes to seek National EMS Certification;
- Certified EMS Provider decided not to recertify by examination;
- Certified EMS Provider elects not to transition to NRAEMT from Intermediate/85 or Paramedic from Intermediate/99
No refunds are provided for recertification or Mark King Initiative applications. No refunds will be issued after 90 days. Please refer to Application Refund Policy flowchart (download chart). Refunds will be issued in the same form payment was made.
Announced: December 11, 2013 Download a PDF of this policy.
A check returned due to insufficient funds, closed account or any other reason
is subject to a $35.00 fee. The amount due from the original check in addition
to the $35.00 fee must be paid by money order.
Failure to resolve outstanding payments within 10 business days of returned check notification will result in suspension of the registrant’s account and may affect National Certification status.
Resolving a Returned Check
To resolve a check that has been returned by your bank for insufficient funds, closed account or any other reason, please contact the NREMT Accounting Department at: (614) 888 - 4484 extension 146.Download a PDF of this policy.