- Personal Information Collected. The personal data that we collect or receive in registering a candidate ("you") for certification services will include your: name, address, email address, phone/fax numbers, social security number, credit/debit card information, date of birth, employment information, previous examination history, education information, and disciplinary actions (including, but not limited to, revocations and suspensions). For candidate verification and identification purposes, we may collect all or part of the information on a government-issued identification number and your mother’s maiden name. When an electronic certification examination is administered to you, we may collect and score your exam responses and then derive a score and generate a report about your professional certification examination results and will report that information to licensing agencies. Depending upon where your examination takes place and the level of exam that you are taking, we may collect your signature, photographic image, and fingerprint digitally when you arrive at an examination center and you may be audio- and video-taped while taking the exam.
- Aggregation of Non-Person-Specific Data. We may statistically aggregate in non-person-specific form exam performance and other information collected during the certification. Such aggregated non-person-specific information may be used for quality control/improvement, operations management, security and marketing purposes and to enhance, develop or improve the certification processes, testing services, examinations and related products and services. By applying for certification through us, you give your consent for us to use this non-person-specific aggregated data as outlined above.
- Mailings and Contact. We may use your email and/or postal address to send you information about your certification status and other information that may be of interest to you professionally. We may also contact you regarding participation in research projects that are deemed to be of value to the professional community. You may opt out of receiving information from the NREMT at any time by notifying us in writing or following the opt-out instructions in your electronic profile.
- Transfer of Information to Licensing Agencies. By applying for certification through us, you give your consent for your personal information (with the exception of your debit/credit card information) to be transmitted by the NREMT to state EMS licensing agencies. Licensing agencies require this personal data so that they may issue state licenses to practice. For further information about how the licensing agencies may use your personal information, please contact the state EMS regulatory authority.
- Transfer of Information to Educational Institutions. By applying for certification through us, you give your consent for your personal information (with the exception of your debit/credit card information) to be transmitted by the NREMT to your educational institution and/or educational program accreditation agency. Such information may be used for quality control/improvement, operations management, security and marketing purposes and to enhance, develop or improve the educational processes.
- Other Transfer of Information. In addition to the above circumstances, we may disclose personally identifiable information about you in the following situations: (a) in response to a subpoena, court order or legal process, to the extent permitted and required by law; (b) to protect your security or the security of other persons, consistent with applicable law; (c) for investigation of possible misconduct; or (d) legitimate research purposes. By applying for National Certification, you give your consent for your personal information to be transmitted in the situations outlined above.
- Public Information. Since National Certification is part of a health care credentialing process, and the public has the right to verify the qualifications of the individuals providing care, the NREMT considers your certification status to be public information.
- Independent Testing Centers. NREMT certification examinations are administered through independent testing centers. These centers may provide unrelated services and may collect and use personal data for other purposes under different terms and policies. If you have any questions or concerns about an independent testing center’s collection or use of any of your personal information, please talk to the independent testing center directly. If you have unaddressed concerns about an independent testing center relating to certification, please contact us.
- Information Access and Corrections. To access and correct the personal information that we have collected under this policy, please contact us in writing. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making alterations.
- Protection of Personal Information. We use reasonable precautions to protect personal information from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. These precautions include appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures. We provide a secured transmission method for the electronic transmission of credit/debit card information.
Information from ChildrenThis web site and our certification services are not directed to children or anyone under the age of thirteen (13). NREMT will not, through this web site or through its professional certification examination and administration process, knowingly collect, maintain or use any personally identifiable information about anyone under the age of thirteen (13).
Information Received from Internet Service Providers Through This Web SiteThis web site receives information that is automatically generated by a user’s Internet Service Provider (ISP). This information may include the IP address (a number automatically assigned to a computer by the ISP), the associated URLs, domain types, the browser type used to access our site, the country, state and telephone area code, the location of the ISP’s servers, the pages of our site that the user views during the visit, any search terms entered on this site, and the user’s web site address and email address. This information may be collected for system administration purposes, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on the site. NREMT does not link IP addresses to personally identifiable information; however, we reserve the right to link IP addresses and other information supplied by the ISP to personally identifiable information in order to protect the integrity of our system and for security purposes
Transmission of InformationThe Internet is a global environment. By using this site and sending information to us electronically, you consent to trans-border and international transmission of any data that you may choose to supply us. Information transmissions to this site and emails sent to us may not be secure. Given the inherent operation and nature of the Internet, all Internet transmissions are done at the user’s own risk.
How to Contact Us